Refurbishment of Heat Exchangers
Why do Heat Exchangers need to be Refurbished?
- To preserve specific heat transfer properties
- To reduce/stop pressure drop caused by decreasing hydraulic diameter
- To avoid corrosion
- To satisfy hygienic requirements
- To ensure seals are maintained after the opening of heat exchangers
- To facilitate the inspection of the heating surfaces and gasket condition
Common problems with Heat Exchangers
- External leakage
- Internal leakage
- Pressure drop
- Heat transfer problems
- Deposit Attack
- Water hammer
- Gasket defects
- Plate damage
Customer benefits and features:
- Dolphin uses standard procedures for refurbishment of heat exchangers.
- Comprehensive refurbishment programme, including acid and alkaline baths.
- We perform pressure washing, pinhole testing and re-gasketing.
- Dolphin manages the refurbishment from start to finish.
- Dolphin uses a cleaning procedure that will not remove any stainless steel.
- Heat Exchanger can be returned to original specification performance and certified accordingly.
- Our entire customers have access to our service center.
- Efficiency of heat exchangers can be optimized, ensuring long term performance and decreasing plant downtime.
Recommendations For Refurbishment Program:
- Annual refurbishment intervals
- Make use of other Testing Services where necessary
- Mechanical cleaning.
- Pressure testing.
- Help your budget
- 24 hour on-call service for emergencies
- Preventive maintenance philosophy
- Dolphin Service Technicians re-certified annually